httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Fielding, Roy" <field...@eBuilt.com>
Subject RE: [inq] short, concise, and to the point
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:16:27 GMT
All locations are case sensitive.  Always.  Regardless of platform.
What we need is a way for Directory to indicate how the filesystem
should be checked, such that case-sensitive filesystems do not suffer
from the extra name canonicalization required of case-insensitive
filesystems.

This has to be part of Directory because of remote mounting.

....Roy