httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:02:47 GMT
HI all,

Another thing I bounced into with APR was the inability
of not having file descriptors and socket descriptors
in the same select or poll. Someone using APR
_CANNOT_ listen/wait for a pipe and a socket at the same
time. Or at least by making use of the standard APR interface.

IMHO, this will be a major problem totally overlooked
when APR was made. APR is somehow very fine cut for Apache
use only (A good example is that for sockets only TCP was
added). This feature will definitely required by people.

I already have this need since the first alpha, but
still waiting for the UDP to be added for starters.

Harrie
 mailto:harrie@covalent.net            phone:+1-415-536-5221