httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:32:09 GMT
> I really don't think we want to start optimizing code until it works
> fully.  AFAIK, getline doesn't deal with header folding yet, so
> simplifications may end up biting us.

The _only_ thing that is stopping me from fixing folding is that we
don't have a bucket brigade equivalent to ap_blookc() AFAIK.  If a
bucket expert will provide such a function, I will be more than happy to
fix folding.  I believe the blookc equivalent needs to be non-blocking.

With that in mind, do you still have a concern with my code?  IMO it is
pretty basic stuff.  I got pretty confused trying to figure out what all
those variables did while debugging telnet, and I honestly feel what I
committed is easier to understand.

Greg