httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: FW: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:38:12 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
>
> > Could this problem be related to this effect I'm seeing:
> >
> > GET / HTTP/1.0
> >
> > followed by a single newline returns:
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
> > <HTML><HEAD>
> > <TITLE>501 Method Not Implemented</TITLE>
> > </HEAD><BODY>
> > <H1>Method Not Implemented</H1>
> >  to /index.html not supported.<P>
> > Invalid method in request <P>
> > <HR>
> > <ADDRESS>Apache/2.0a7 Server at localhost Port 80</ADDRESS>
> > </BODY></HTML>
> >
> > I understand if I've torn my config to shreads lately, but
> > this message is hardly parsible by a human being.
> >

> Oooops.   This isn't the "missing error response body" bug, but part of
> this is my bad :-(  When I moved the canned error string switch block
> into its own function, I dropped the code that picks up r->method for a
> 501 error.  I will fix that ASAP.

After adjusting my contact lenses & breaking out the debugger, that's not
the problem at all.

> Beyond that, I don't know why this GET isn't working and why you don't
> see response headers.  Maybe the request string got clobbered and Apache
> is defaulting to HTTP 0.9.

When using netcat or any other similar tool which can send in a newline
which isn't preceded by a CR, the request line returned by getline() is
null.  Looks like a bunch of the functionality of ap_bgets() wasn't picked
up by the recent input filtering change.  I have a patch which gets netcat &
such closer to working which I will post.  It's still not right, so I won't
commit it, but it gets you farther.

Greg