httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: FW: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 17:23:58 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> Could this problem be related to this effect I'm seeing:
>
> GET / HTTP/1.0
>
> followed by a single newline returns:

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <TITLE>501 Method Not Implemented</TITLE>
> </HEAD><BODY>
> <H1>Method Not Implemented</H1>
>  to /index.html not supported.<P>
> Invalid method in request <P>
> <HR>
> <ADDRESS>Apache/2.0a7 Server at localhost Port 80</ADDRESS>
> </BODY></HTML>
>
> I understand if I've torn my config to shreads lately, but
> this message is hardly parsible by a human being.

Oooops.   This isn't the "missing error response body" bug, but part of
this is my bad :-(  When I moved the canned error string switch block
into its own function, I dropped the code that picks up r->method for a
501 error.  I will fix that ASAP.

Beyond that, I don't know why this GET isn't working and why you don't
see response headers.  Maybe the request string got clobbered and Apache
is defaulting to HTTP 0.9.

Greg