httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: FW: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.chttp_request.c
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 22:13:38 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> > I took a real quick look at this, and the solution as I see it is to
> > simple add the filter during the pre-connection-processing phase.  This is
> > where we add the core input filter, so it makes sense that we can add the
> > output filter here too.  This will also still work for SSL.
>
> Hmmm, that sounds like it could work.  Unfortunately my CVS access is hosed at the
> moment :-(  but I could at least try it.

But wait -- the "r" doesn't exist at pre-connection time, right?  We need to do
something when the request_rec is initialized.

How about this: Put a pointer to the filter name in the conn_rec at pre-connection
time (SSL would use a different name), then when the "r" is initialized, do the
ap_add_filter using the pointer to the correct name rather than a hard coded string.

Greg