httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:36:17 GMT

In a message dated 00-10-30 11:12:36 EST, Ryan writes.

> I am still -1 for including this module in the base distribution unless
> somebody can provide a really good reason for distributing it.

Because I think there is a base-level expectation that the
best place to get things FOR Apache is FROM Apache.

If there are a ton of 'useful' modules for Apache that are
KNOWN to work then what is the big deal with at least
providing a distribution that has all these 'goodies' in it?

You can call the directory where they are installed
'/try/these/at/your/own/risk/"
or
"/we/don't/really/maintain/these/goodies/but/here/they/are"
if you really want to, people won't care... they just might think
it's nice to get Apache products FROM Apache.

It's a base-level expectation these days.

Yours...
Kevin Kiley