httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: Anything in Linux similar to FreeBSD accept filter (fwd)
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:26:55 GMT
Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de> wrote:

>Linux 2.4 has the "dataready" filter in form of the (currently undocumented)
>TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT option.
>
>Another option would be to use one of the in kernel http accelerators, e.g.
>khttpd or tux.

One thing that made it easy for me to add FreeBSD's accept filters to
Apache was because it is a very low-impact change. The code only comes
into action if the appropriate kernel module is installed, so I didn't
have to add configuration directives to Apache just for accept filtering.

If Linux always has the TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT code in the kernel then it
cannot be a run-time configuration option; it would have to be
compile-time only.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch