httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:18:58 GMT
Assume that I'm completely making up everything I say below.

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 01:49:52PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >        * Stipe Tolj's Cygwin32 port
> >    	PR#: 2936
> >   -        Status: Lars +1 (on concept), Martin +1 (on concept), Ken +1 (concept)
> >   +        Status: Lars +1 (on concept), Martin +1 (on concept), Ken +1 (concept),
> >   +                Jim +1 (concept)
>
> Then would somebody commit the thing already :-?

IIRC, there were GPL-ickynesses involved. Cygwin and its libraries
(without a purchased license) was GPLed, and people were worried that
there would be viral effects.

Now, my unschooled interpretation is that this isn't a problem, and
if it is, a purchased version of Cygwin would fix this. I also don't
know what has happened lately since Cygnus was bought by Red Hat.