httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Wouters <tho...@xs4all.net>
Subject Re: suEXEC and Alias with 1.3: bug or feature ?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:37:59 GMT
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 07:56:42PM +0200, Olivier Cahagne wrote:

> That's why I wonder whether it's a bug or a deliberate feature: why can't
> Apache guess the CGI is called from an Alias, resolve this Alias, see it's
> in fact a User, then call suEXEC ?

On a similar note, I would like to make suEXEC a lot more useful in several
other areas. Is this part of Apache still being worked on ? We want to use
it for our servers, which run about 7000 vritualhosts, and want each to run
the *global* scripts using the local names, and to reduce some of the severe
paranoia security checks. I already did some of this for 1.3.6, but we ended
up not using that particular patch, for a number of reasons. Should I just
work on this, or are there people out there working on suEXEC ?

(BTW, ObTopic, Oliver, consider using a Redirect rule instead. I sort-of
agree suexec should mind the Aliases, but a Redirect rule is more likely to
work ;)

I-can-code-too---really!-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>