httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 02:42:25 GMT
On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 03:18:58PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2000 gregames@locus.apache.org wrote:
>
> > gregames    00/10/16 15:10:42
> >
> >   Modified:    src/main http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   simplify bookkeeping in getline() to make it run a little faster, and
> >   (hopefully) be easier to understand in the future.
>
> I really don't think we want to start optimizing code until it works
> fully.  AFAIK, getline doesn't deal with header folding yet, so
> simplifications may end up biting us.

Don't get too critical of changes here.

Simplification can also make it easier for us to modify/extend what *is*
there. Complex code could be fragile and we might break things as we attempt
to fix other things.

IMO, I'm all for simplifying all of this input filtering stuff.

Now that it seems there is a bit of stability, I'll give it a review
tomorrow (doing a mod_dav 1.0.2 release tonite).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/