httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr.hw
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:45:26 GMT
On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 12:33:04PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> There we are.  Everyone should look at these symbol names and ask themselves
> if this makes fundimentally more sense.  Corresponding changes in ap_config.h
> bring the Apache Core into the same schema (AP_DECLARE* and MODULE_DECLARE*
> for modules to always export symbols).

As I've said, I don't understand MODULE_DECLARE* vs DAV_DECLARE*. (respond
to whatever thread)

> And I really illustrated it within
> mod_dav (although it's overkill, mod_dav doesn't need all the symbols, since
> it exports only functions at this moment.  I left them in as place holders
> till Greg and company are done identifing all potential exports.)

mod_dav won't ever export data. I prefer cover functions for interacting
with data. Also, it seemes that some platform (at some point) had issues
with exporting data. Cleaner to just avoid it.

> Wouldn't this be a happy day.  However, it's a mass symbol rename.
> I'm batting close to 0 to getting anything like this past the list.
> So I didn't - the old symbols are all aliased right alongside these
> new declarations.  So vote your preference or veto this symbol rename,
> as you will.

Well... give it a while. I don't think there is a rush, is there? We have
the old names grandfathered, so the only reason to rename is to set a
precedent for new code.

Greg Stein,

View raw message