httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 06:27:06 GMT
On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 10:20:16PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Rather than continue to argue over the correctness of the patch, I will
> point out that as the code stands right now, the server does not work from
> BeOS or if the request comes from Win 95/98 telnet.  The code that was
> removed was not perfect, but it was much better than things stand now,
> because it worked.

But it was a step in the correct direction. The remaining bugs lie
elsewhere, and the core_input_filter should not have the patch you suggest
applied to it. It should stop trying to monkey around with LF.

> The following patch has not been tested at all, but it makes sense
> logically.  Basically, instead of just checking for LF, we also make sure
> that we haven't overrun the buffer, and that the socket hasn't been
> closed.

Those are good things to check, but the LF stuff is just plain wrong.

> If nobody objects, I'll commit first thing tomorrow.  Right now, I'm going
> to bed.

I do. In fact, I started looking at this input filter stuff just now. Bleck.
I should have started looking a while back. Comments in a separate note.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/