httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:54:25 GMT
Good statement of your position...

> chunk_filter:  This should make sure there is a big enough buffer of
> buckets before it adds a chunk header.  It should perform no coalescing,
> ever.  To do this, the chunk filter just needs to add a call to
> ap_save_brigade.

+1 for the idea. The chunk filter is really straight forward now. Adding
buffering shouldn't complicate it much.

> core_filter:  This filter should take the brigade it is sent, and coalesce
> it.  This needs to be done in one location for performance reasons.

+0.  Attempting to optimize based on the underlying transports packet size is a
fruitless exercise IMHO. However, I'll take a shot at adding coalescing to my
core_filter patch and see how complex it gets.

Bill