httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:05:32 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <>
To: <>
> I'd rather see a split with add'l commit access provided on the APR
> repository. I'm kind of -0 on commit access to apache-2.0, even though
> logically it would be okay (we *are* adults here, and a simple advisory to
> the committers to say "apr only" would be fine).
> Asking non-httpd people to follow is just an exercise
> in futility. There is simply too much unrelated traffic here to ask
> to wade through it.

I agree, and these are related.  Let's get up and running
first, and see if we can discipline everyone to use that group for
discussion of
all apr issues.  As soon as everyone is hooked up and working with that
then let's move forward on a brand new repository

Sideband discussion summary:  Greg, David Reid and I all agree the split has
to come several weeks early of anything to test and assure the seperation is
successful before we attempt to roll any alpha/beta releases.  Perhaps right
after 2.0a8 (this could really hold up the next (final :-?) alpha.)

> +1 on splitting "soon" (for whatever definition of "soon" you'd like to

Once the list is running well, let's fork off the apr.

View raw message