httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/mpeix Makefile.tmpl dlopen.c os-inline.c
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 06:27:15 GMT
Sorry for the pause, Mark...

I understand you want to keep everyone up to the minute.  However,
we do need to keep some docs of the irregularities between versions
within the core documentation set.  I'd really appreciate if you
could take a few minutes and bring the README up to date for what
is really going on inside the MPE port.  Sometimes we (other platform)
coders have to touch something that isn't making sense, the readme
would help with that.

Better yet, if you would follow the format of one of the platform
.html files, I'll be happy to create the appropriate links so it can
be browsed within the htdocs/manual pages.

Bill

ps... Please don't delagate away the Apache server from the Apache
Group itself.  I was rather bothered by the specific language proposed
and already within the README.  In another file for another platform, it
would likely incite a war :-)  A citation that the MPE/ix was developed
and is supported by those sites is fine, provided the necessary docs
already exist in the tree, with the sources.