httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Incorrect instructions for rolling releases?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 00:17:57 GMT
See my message, RE: Da tree, da tree

It is broken.  You may succeed.  You may fail.  I wish you well.

Your biggest problem comes if you attempt to do a

cvs update

I am afraid the same might happen if you attempt a cvs tag.

I'd strongly suggest you perform the first step, modify
apache-2.0/CVS/Entries and remove htdocs, then perform that
second part -as- -documented-.  This will increase your odds
that no conflicts will occur when you tag the tree.

If you want to run it without doing so, may I suggest a big
cp to a backup directory, before you tag?

Bill