httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Progress...
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 22:53:29 GMT
Some debugging for what I'm now seeing...

After request has been issued

ap_send_mmap
ap_pass_brigade
core_output_filter
==> 1st bucket is AP_BUCKET_HEAP (247 bytes - the headers?)
==> 2nd bucket is AP_BUCKET_MMAP (1358 bytes - the document)
ap_save_brigade

This seems like it should be OK?  Then we finish in the request handler
and go into

ap_finalise_request_protocol
end_output_stream
ap_pass_brigade
core_output_filter
==> 1st bucket is AP_BUCKET_HEAP (247 bytes - the headers?)
==> 2nd bucket is AP_BUCKET_MMAP (1358 bytes - the document)
==> 3rd bucket is AP_BUCKET_EOS
writev_it_all (1605 bytes to be written)

OK, so here's where the problem is!  the data has been sent and is
sitting there in the telnet app but apr_sendv has returned saying it
wrote 0 bytes!  No wonder we get locked up in the loop.

Further investigation reveals that writev is returning with an error of -1
in ap_sendv - despite the fact that it has managed to send all the data to
the client - which is why I now realise the problem is BONE specific and so
my apologies if the alpha was delayed.

david