httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/win32 mod_isapi.c
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2000 01:40:37 GMT

First off ... this needs thorough testing (single stepping to be sure
I'm happy with the flow) which will really teach me to appreciate or
hate filters/buckets ;-)  Once I caught the gist (stolen from cgi) -
it wasn't hard to implement the REQ_HSE_TRANSMIT_FILE ... the question
is, is it right :-?

Where I'm not clear - if we use ap_pass_brigade, and haven't sent the
headers with ap_send_http_header, what happens?  Status: 200 OK and all
goes well?  Or something else?  What if we try ap_send_http_header and
we have allocated the buckets but not used ap_pass_brigade yet?

As I dig into the actual body filtering and headers on the next few
uses of buckets, I'll get a better handle for whether they work or not.
I choose transient since we don't know how persistant the isapi's data
really is, and assume this is the best choice in this case.