httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_protocol.c
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:29:42 GMT

Precisely why this patch is useful - we find out how broke we are
when we try to speed things up ... however ...

Greg, would you go back and cast this

#ifndef OPTIMIZED_BEHAVIOR

    original_sources();

#else /* POTENTIAL OPTIMIZATION */

    quick_stuff();

#endif

so we can follow both the 'intended' behavior, and the better/faster/
stronger optimized alternative?  If all goes well, we kill the first
set once all are comfortable it is working.  Is this practical?