httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Ugh. canonical pain for OS2
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:59:08 GMT

  ap_os_canonical_filename != ap_make_fullpath, either.

I'd reckon you are philisophically right, which is why I strongly believe
this function always has been misnamed.  I'd agree it is also more complex
than s|\|/|.  That doesn't change the fact that it is not absolute, and we
have a function that should do so.  Any other solution breaks compatibility
and trust between os2 and unix.