httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/os2 os2nerrno.h os2calls.h
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:32:56 GMT
Questions

Please see the default case (errno) and Win32, and invent something
appropriate here.  These should be defined on all platforms.  Since
Win32 (and perhaps others) won't support lhs assignment, but we are
trying very hard to share code in the unix tree, this is a very simple
wrapper.  They may be macros or functions, depending.  I'd guess:

   #define apr_get_os_error()    (errno)
   #define apr_set_os_error(e)   (errno = (e))
   #define apr_get_netos_error() (APR_FROM_OS_ERROR(sock_errno()))

would be appropriate for OS2?

I missed that late breaking detail, apr_get_netos_err(), which should
be a wrapper for socket errors.  The neat trick to these macros is that
we can trust them to move an apr_ system error in or out of the platform
errno or similar.  Of course, I doubt there are set actions for the socket
WSAGetLastError() or sock_errno() functions.

The cool thing about apr_get_netos_error() is that it's declared for
Unix, and could make big chunks of the MPMs more legible where they are
shared by OS2.  Of course you can suggest I'm out of my mind trying to
introduce this sort of portability.

>   +#define INCL_DOSERRORS
>   +#define INCL_DOS
>   +#include <os2.h>
>   +#include "../network_io/os2/os2nerrno.h"

Ok... I follow this, cool.