httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Ugh. canonical pain for OS2
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:37:22 GMT

There are reports that 1.3.14 no longer likes the syntax
LoadModule d:\test\this\mod.dll
the unfortunate result is c:/root/d:\test\this\mod.dll

Pretty obvious why.

I believe we need to introduce the following unix noop, win32 fix.
However it will break OS2:

 API_EXPORT(char *) ap_server_root_relative(pool *p, char *file)
 {
+    file = ap_canonical_filename(p, file);
     if(ap_os_is_path_absolute(file))
         return file;
     return ap_make_full_path(p, ap_server_root, file);
 }

Since canonical_name in Unix is a noop (relative remains relative)
and Win32 retains relative paths, I'm afraid we aught to consider
the draconian measure of applying this patch and expecting OS2 to
keep up.  I realize this isn't terribly fair to you, Brian :-(

So what are your thoughts, given this situation?  Do we go back
to accepting "\" in ap_os_is_path_absolute?  I'm certain that isn't
what we want.

Bill