httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Splitting APR from Apache.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:00:37 GMT
From: "Harrie Hazewinkel" <harrie@covalent.net>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>

> David Reid wrote:
> > Anyone have anything else that can be added to the list?
>
> I would say unix-domain socket support. I know these do not exist on
> Windows, but one could fall back on pipes.

Ahem... do you mean named pipes across machines?  If so, NT does
have quite a bit of support on that, I believe.  I'll be spending October
implementing shmem and canonical support (and merging that concept
back into Apache's directory_walk, perhaps file_walk) so I'll certainly
pay attention to whatever you submit for domain sockets.

If it is something else entirely, give me a 3-5 sentance description and
I will investigate.