httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: subrequest filtering (yet again)
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:18:59 GMT
Tony Finch <> writes:

> I think that modules should examine the existing filter stack before
> inserting their filters to ensure that the result makes sense.

When do modules get a chance to examine the filter stack?  Not until
the filter really runs.  At that point, a filter would need to run
r->output_filters and no-op itself or a later instance of itself.  You
can't no-op an earlier instance of course because that instance passed
a brigade down to you.

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message