httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c util_filter.c
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:48:33 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> The AddFilter directive simply uses NULL for the ctx parameter. When Ken was
> discussing the directive, and queried about how to parameterize, that would
> also fit in here.
>
> That said, I see one of two MUST-DO cases:
>
> 1) put the ctx parameter back into ap_add_filter()
> 2) have separate notions of filter context (f->ctx) and filter params
>    (f->params). The latter would be passed to ap_add_filter.
>    [ type? no particular thought. at least a string, but the question is how
>      much parsing does the core do. tokenize into words? raw string? ]
>
> I'm open to either approach.

Even with the context param of ap_add_filter(), more is needed for
certain types of filters, particularly those which may be used more
than once in the same filter chain with different parameters.

Is anybody opposed to extending what Ryan committed with something
like the following?

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES                                 \
                BUCKETTRACE(--format text --per-line 80) \
                XLATEOUT                                 \
                BUCKETTRACE(--format hex --per-line 32)

The string inside parens would be stored as-is (raw) in f->params.  If
no string was specified, f->params would be NULL.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...