httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Request for submission of the OpenVMS code changes into the 1.3 c ode stream
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:43:09 GMT
"D'Antoni, Gaitan" <Gaitan.Dantoni@Compaq.Com> writes:

> The Compaq OpenVMS Apache Engineering team has recently completed the port
> of version 1.3.12 of the Apache HTTP server to OpenVMS. Compaq has selected
> the Apache HTTP server to be the supported web server for OpenVMS Alpha. We
> would like to submit our changes to be incorporated into the V1.3 code
> stream. I realize there are quite a few changes here so I'm willing to do
> whatever makes the submission easier for the ASF.

I would like to STRONGLY SUGGEST that your team look at porting Apache
2.0 to VMS soon.  Apache 2.0 can be ported much more cleanly to
non-Unix platforms.  NOW (if not sooner) is the time in the 2.0
life-cycle to see how 2.0 abstractions should be implemented on
OpenVMS.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...