httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Patch question ??
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 18:42:55 GMT
Gregory Nicholls <gnicholls@level8.com> writes:

>  Back on July 26th I submitted a patch for win32/sockets.c that modified the
> connect to remove the explicit select wait. This was so I could use a
> non-blocking connect(). Now the select is back in the latest version so
> obviously it was there for a reason. Could someone tell me what the reason
> is please ?
>     Thanks,
>         G.

I don't think that code was ever removed.  See

http://www.apache.org/websrc/viewcvs.cgi/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/win32/sockets.c

Revisions 1.34 and 1.35 put in most of your code.

I agree that the select shouldn't be there.  The Unix code looks a lot
better.
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...