httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:09:42 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> This confuses me a bit... The below changes the merge to just happen
> if new->add_default_charset != ADD_DEFAULT_CHARSET_UNSET. Well and
> good. But the setting of add_default_charset_name shouldn't matter
> at all if it _was_ equal to ADD_DEFAULT_CHARSET_UNSET. So limiting
> the merge to when it's not equal to ADD_DEFAULT_CHARSET_UNSET shouldn't
> effect anything :/ So merging all the time should be OK.
>
> I'm wondering if the bug is simply because we're running into
> a situation when Apache shouldn't be adding a default, and the
> bug reporter thought it should have. For example, if there is
> already a charset parameter, then we don't do a thing. If
> not, we only handle things if the cntent type is "text/plain" or
> "text/html"...
>
> ("it" means add_default_charset)... Most likely, I'm missing
> something :)
>
> Did the below actually fix the problem? I can't access the BugDB :/

It fixes a problem for me which as far as I can tell is the problem
mentioned in the BugDB...

Here are some of the testcases I tried...  The request is an HTTP 1.1
GET of a dir (processed by mod_autoindex):

on a system without the patch:

  no AddDefaultCharset for the dir:

  AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1:

  AddDefaultCharset gobble: