httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-site/contributors index.html
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:13:57 GMT

On 17 Sep 2000 wrowe@locus.apache.org wrote:

> wrowe       00/09/17 12:07:13
>
>   Modified:    .        113announce.html ABOUT_APACHE.html
>                         announcelist.html awards.html httpd.html
>                         in_the_news.html index.html info.html
>                         related_projects.html search.html
>                         security_report.html
>                contributors index.html
>   Log:
>     Fix all apache-site href/src references to root (not to a given server,
>     but simply root to /) so that www.apache.org/httpd/ will start to work.

Woops... I think you should back this out.  This will completely hoze all
the mirrors that mirror into a subdirectory
(eg. http://mymainserver.com/apache/ == http://www.apache.org/)

There is no real solution that I know of to the trailing slash problem.
People complain about it all the time when using SSI.  Perhaps Apache
should have a way of dissallowing this extra path stuff?  (Or would this
break some spec?)

Joshua.