httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Minor breakage with ap_add_filter
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:15:23 GMT

The recent move of ap_add_filter("CORE",...) has outlined a potential bug,
so I thought I would bring it up here and now, so we could all nip it in
the bud.  The problem is that we are adding the CORE filter in the
core.  This works fine for regular requests, but as soon as we have to add
an SSL filter, this will break, because the SSL filter shouldn't require a
core change.  I think the solution is to move the ap_add_filter calls from
http_core's insert_filter routine to the post_read_request hook.

I took a quick look at where the ap_add_filter call was added yesterday,
and it is always just before the post_read_request hook is called.  I
would like to add an AP_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST function to http_core, which
will add all of the core filters.  The reason for the
AP_HOOK_REALLY_FIRST is that we want to make sure that there is always a
CORE filter on the filter stack when we call out to other modules.

Does anybody have a problem with doing this?  Does anybody see a hole that
I missed?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131