httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Working on file bucket
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:15:59 GMT
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> FYI... I have some time to spend on development and I've started working on
> the file bucket. The primary challenge here will be to get sendfile working
> correctly. We cannot use sendfile if there are other filters (such as SSL)
> installed in the filter chain. Need to handle the tradeoff between using
> mmap, sendfile or send from buffers read from a file, etc. Hope to have
> something to commit next week if not sooner.

Sendfile is not an issue.  If we have SSL in the server, then the core
filter will never be called, and you aren't responsible for the SSL server
with a file buckets patch.  If there is any other filter in the chain, we
just need to keep track the fact that the data came from a specific file.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131