httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/ap ap_buckets_mmap.c
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:38:07 GMT

> I agree that it can/should be possible to skip ap_pass_brigade. It is
> possible that a filter will decide not to pass some content down (e.g. say
> there is a conditional wrapped around some content).

If a filter doesn't pass down any data, then it should just be returning
to the previous filter.  At some point, the filter must pass data down, or
there is nothing for lower level filters to act on.

> But the underlying question is how bucket.data became NULL. Whether or not
> the data is passed, I don't understand that part.
>
> I just saw that you reversed this change; did you find a problem in your
> code which caused data==NULL?

I believe the ability for a bucket to have NULL data was introduced with
the BRIGADE macros.  I ran into similar problems last night while trying
to finish mod_include.  The problem with the brigade macros, is that you
must use the macros to do any looping through a brigade or bucket list.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131