httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_setup_listeners vs. ap_listen_open
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:17:45 GMT
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Mike Abbott wrote:

> Not only do some MPMs use ap_setup_listeners() while others use
> ap_listen_open(), but also the choice of which of those functions even
> exists depends on which MPM is in use.  I know that only MPMs use those
> functions but it irks me that the MPM API changes from one MPM to the
> next.  I suggest that one of those functions be eliminated in favor of
> the other just to clean up the MPM API.

We tried that.  Basically ap_setup_listeners was added to remove duplicate
code from all of the mutli-process/multi-thread MPMs.  At the same time, I
tried to migrate all of the other MPMs over, but couldn't do it for
Windows or OS2, and didn't really have the time for
prefork.  ap_listen_open should be removed from all MPMs.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131