httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Logging aborted connections in the access log
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:29:31 GMT
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Greg Ames wrote:

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

Hrmm... The usual server responses have a nice solution to this - "911 I
hate you" or whatever. Both human and bot parsable. The trouble is, an
explanation of what happened would be a bit too bulky to file, I think,
certainly for some uses.

How about supporting both numerical and human result codes, and keeping
the two distinct? (i.e. you would get "911" and/or "I hate you", depending
on config: readable if you want, fast and compact otherwise.)

James.