httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Logging aborted connections in the access log
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 07:37:03 GMT
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Not under HTTP, AFAICS, but we may well be able to in future - later HTTP
revisions, other protocols (FTP can, for example). Keep the option open if
possible, IMO.

How about something akin to HTTP status codes?

2xx = transfer completed
3xx = link error (e.g. socket closed)
4xx = user-commanded abort (e.g. FTP's ABOR command)
5xx = server error (out of memory, signalled)

James.