httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Kuriyama <kuriy...@imgsrc.co.jp>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 02:09:49 GMT
At 8 Sep 2000 00:35:31 GMT,
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if the bug is simply because we're running into
> a situation when Apache shouldn't be adding a default, and the
> bug reporter thought it should have. For example, if there is
> already a charset parameter, then we don't do a thing. If
> not, we only handle things if the cntent type is "text/plain" or
> "text/html"...

I think these selection is done at make_content_type() in
http_protocol.c.  This function make "content-type" as you specify
(add "charset" if these is no "charset", and type is "text/plain" or
"text/html").

A patch committed is fixing content in "add_default_charset_name", not
when it is using.  Old behavior is using "ISO-8859-1" for text/html or
text/plain though you specify another string to "AddDefaultCharset".

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project