httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: [Fwd: png icons for apache]
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:28:17 GMT

In a message dated 00-09-18 13:49:18 EDT, James writes...

> No - but is there a real problem? If we drop the GIFs now, there IS a REAL
>  problem: things break. Not everthing speaks PNG!

In the single case of Apache's use of .GIF... why not just change
them all to .JPG? The only browsers I know of that support .GIF
but not .JPG are some of the wireless handheld deals... but that's
another story... they are always going through a gateway and a
transcoding proxy that's supposed to take care of all that
auto-magically. ( Convert .JPG back to .GIF for User-Agents that
only handle .GIF ).

Yours...
Kevin Kiley
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com/