httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.cutil_filter.c
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:27:25 GMT wrote:
> > Um-hmm.  And how about all the other directives that take
> > extensions as arguments?  Are you going to suggest that we
> > rewrite all of them?
> Nope, do you plan on suggesting that we re-write all the ones
> that don't?

No.  But there are currently no equivalent containers for
IMTs -- so in order to set up filtering based on IMT, we would
now have to have *two* directives instead of one.

> > >     See, the mime type can change half-way through a request.
> >
> > But that shouldn't change the filter chain.
> Doesn't that completely violate the principle of least astonishment?
> I have a filter that I associated with a mime-type.  I have a CGI
> that has that mime-type, but it doesn't get run through the filter?
> I know I would be thoroughly confused by that.

Bogus example; CGI is a content generator, and so is originating
the type, not changing it.

> I scratched my itch, feel free to scrath yours.

I'm asking you to stop scratching them in the public tree
when other people are actively discussing the issue.
#ken    P-)}

Apache Software Foundation  <>