httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.cutil_filter.c
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 01:52:04 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > Do you suddenly have the ability to decide what is a valid
> > veto or not? Do you get to decide what is "technical enough"
> > or not? Do you get to decide whether my premises are valid?
>
> No, but I do get to decide that after three weeks of asking for
> a technical reason (which should prove that I don't see the
> reason for the veto) and not recieving ANY response, I can
> commit without worrying about it being backed out.

Um, no, you don't get to decide that.  Nobody does.

> I asked at least three times on the public list if I could commit
> the patch to fix the current bugs, and I recieved NO ANSWER
> at all.

This is not a place where silence gives assent.

> No, it doesn't seem right.  And yet, you posted a veto with no real
> explanation.  The explanation that kept coming up was "We designed
> this together a long time ago."  According to the Apache guidelines:
>
> -1 No. On issues where consensus is required, this vote counts as a
> veto. All vetos must include an explanation of why the veto is
> appropriate. A veto with no explanation is void.
>
> The explanation of "this is how we designed it", when at least
> two people are saying the design is wrong, is not a valid veto.

Yes, it is.  The proper response is to post a correction to the
design, not patches to the code.

> Don't try to change history by saying I just declared it
> invalid.  I tried to work within the system for a long time
> before I just stepped over the roadblock.

Bzzzt.  Sorry, no-one is immune to roadblocks, no matter how
irksome they may be.

Can you please post the message IDs of these multiple requests
for clarification you made?  I can't find them..
--
#ken    P-)}