httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "D'Antoni, Gaitan" <Gaitan.Dant...@Compaq.Com>
Subject RE: Request for submission of the OpenVMS code changes into the 1 .3 code stream
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:53:55 GMT
> From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawickj@bellsouth.net]
>
> I would like to STRONGLY SUGGEST that your team look at porting Apache
> 2.0 to VMS soon.  Apache 2.0 can be ported much more cleanly to
> non-Unix platforms.  NOW (if not sooner) is the time in the 2.0
> life-cycle to see how 2.0 abstractions should be implemented on
> OpenVMS.

Our plans are to begin working on Apache 2.0 as soon as possible. Our first
major hurdle was to port 1.3.12 which we just completed. We're finishing up
a port of MOD_SSL and should have that ready for release to our customers in
a couple of weeks. As soon as that's finished we'll have the cycles to start
working on 2.0.

Thanks,
Gaitan D'Antoni
Apache Web Server for OpenVMS Technical Leader
http://www.openvms.digital.com/openvms/products/ips/apache/apache.html
Compaq Computer Corporation