httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <>
Subject Re: mod_byteserve
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:26:02 GMT
Jeff Trawick <> wrote:
>Jeff Trawick <> writes:
>> Tony Finch <> writes:
>> > Does anyone know off the top of their head how we currently handle
>> > byte range requests? In 2.0 it should (of course) be via a filter :-)
>> ha ha (But Mommy, why is it taking so long to download the rest of the
>> Brittney Spears album?)
>Doh...  Since the CD comes down as a file bucket, we seek to the right
>spot (or sendfile() seeks) and everybody is relatively happy.

Even so, for more complicated cases it remains a "Doh!" moment for
the server. e.g. gzipped content... There's a potential for serious
client interoperability issues here, I expect. I'm inclined to leave
complicated situations to the webmaster.

en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y
eatp o v eiti i d.

View raw message