httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Theory of DAV
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:28:40 GMT
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 11:58:32PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> FirstBill especially, since I've watched you playing with DAV,
> and Greg (it's your baby), but to anyone else hacking at this
> under Win32/Apache 2.0...
>
> What is the theory... always compile DAV into the 'core', or
> should this be a dll loadable module?

IMO, it should be a loadable module and compiled by default. The DAV
capabilities default to "off" (SuSE not withstanding), so there are no
particular issues to deal with there. IOW, make it easily available to
users.

Note that two modules are needed: mod_dav and mod_dav_fs. Before 2.0 ships,
we will have (at least) a mod_dav_svn to provide a versioning, DAV-enabled
back-end to Apache 2.0. (mod_dav_svn will ship as part of Subversion)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/