httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: eek. poor chunking behavior.
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:06:53 GMT
On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:27:15PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > I feel a bit "ooky" about this patch (specifically, dropping what amounts to
> > a global into the request_rec), but I don't believe there is a better
> > approach.
>
> Huh?  How is this any different than the headers_sent flag that will be
> needed at some point, or the assbackwards and headers_only flags that we
> already have?  This is information about request processing that is needed
> at multiple stages throughout the request.

Oh, I understand. Like I said: I'm not particularly keen on any of them, but
I really have no better thoughts on the matter.

I think that it is simply that headers_sent and sent_eos feel more like
aspects of control flow and/or what you pass thru the chain. Having one
piece of code "drop them off over in that structure there" for a later piece
to pick them up... that rings "global" to me. Yah, yah... Tony said "they're
in the request_rec -- they aren't globals." Well, sure. I knew that :-) ...
it just feels like a global.

In short: don't worry about it. I'm just speaking up that it doesn't feel as
good as it seems like it could, but I simply have no idea how to reach that
higher level of Nirvana :-)

Cheers,
-g

--