httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/ap ap_buckets_mmap.c
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:26:05 GMT
On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:00:26AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> > I don't understand this one. How can end up as NULL? AFAIK, that
> > just shouldn't happen.
> as i said in the commit message, it happens if a filter doesn't send any
> data downstream.  i'm just starting to play with filtering, i had a
> mod_test_filter.c with a:
> apr_status_t filter_handler(ap_filter_t *f, ap_bucket_brigade *bb)
> that did not call ap_pass_brigade(), or do anything for that matter.
> yeah, that shouldn't happen, but it can and dumb filters shouldn't be able
> to make apache segv.

I agree that it can/should be possible to skip ap_pass_brigade. It is
possible that a filter will decide not to pass some content down (e.g. say
there is a conditional wrapped around some content).

But the underlying question is how became NULL. Whether or not
the data is passed, I don't understand that part.

I just saw that you reversed this change; did you find a problem in your
code which caused data==NULL?

Greg Stein,

View raw message