httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 02:08:09 GMT
On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 08:44:24AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > >
> > > No, but I do get to decide that after three weeks of asking for
> > > a technical reason (which should prove that I don't see the
> > > reason for the veto) and not recieving ANY response, I can
> > > commit without worrying about it being backed out.
> >
> > Um, no, you don't get to decide that.  Nobody does.
> >
> Vetos without a supporting rationale aren't really vetos though. I veto
> with the reason "I don't like it" can't be considered a valid veto.

That was Ryan's characterization, not my actual reasoning.

1) The original veto is: <20000816121015.L17689@lyra.org>
2) It references: <20000816120925.K17689@lyra.org>
3) More veto clarification: <20000817162831.S17689@lyra.org>
4) Additional response: <20000817174246.X17689@lyra.org>

<the checkin-in-question occurred>

5) I clarified/reiterated my reasoning in: <20000829160639.A22160@lyra.org>
6) And one more time: <20000829201855.J22160@lyra.org>

I believe that is all that I sent on the matter based on my quick search.
But I've always felt that it was enough and provided enough reasoning. It
was never a simple "I don't like that" veto. I also agree that any veto
needs some support. In this case, Ryan felt my reasoning was invalid and
ignored the veto.

Cheers,
-g

--