httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_core.c
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 12:44:24 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > > Do you suddenly have the ability to decide what is a valid
> > > veto or not? Do you get to decide what is "technical enough"
> > > or not? Do you get to decide whether my premises are valid?
> >
> > No, but I do get to decide that after three weeks of asking for
> > a technical reason (which should prove that I don't see the
> > reason for the veto) and not recieving ANY response, I can
> > commit without worrying about it being backed out.
>
> Um, no, you don't get to decide that.  Nobody does.

Vetos without a supporting rationale aren't really vetos though. I veto
with the reason "I don't like it" can't be considered a valid veto.

True enough, what is and isn't valid is not any single person's
sole decision. In this case, I think a vote may be in order.

Finally, I'm not saying whether the veto was or was not valid, nor
am I saying that the reason provided was "I don't like it." I'm
talking generics here, not specifics :)
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"