httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Some information about Apache server 2.0x
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:56:19 GMT

> You didn't actually describe the problem you have :-)
> I'm guessing you are describing the pipe deadlocks.
> Apache 2.0 will still not be an async server.

When people tell me Apache buffers the response, it generally means they want to
flush part of a response to the network, then do some more work to generate the
rest of the response. This is indeed fixed in Apache 2.0. Apache 2.0 for Windows
will allow a partial CGI response to be flushed to the network. The pipe
deadlock only occurs when a CGI attempts to write data to stdout (where amt of
data > pipe buffer size) before it has finished reading the request.

Bill