httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: [rant] os/cannonical error
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:54:22 GMT

And so... what's parsing it?  The server?  -no-

If you have a -good- operating system, there is a short list of 30
or so one liners.  I'll commit tonight the complete Unix version.

If you have another operating system, there is a long ling of very
long macros with line continuations, to boot.  Won't bother Apache
in the least, since there are 1-10 tests depending on the case
(and if the author is very good, they are listed in order of
decreasing frequency :-)

This also implies, by the way, we can have multi-case APR_IS_EBLEH
conditions, where a few common errors are grouped together.  Or, we
can be more refined on OS's where there is a finer granularity,
just return false where the OS doesn't support the finer error.

Bill