httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Theory of DAV
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:59:56 GMT

Sounds Good

> Note that two modules are needed: mod_dav and mod_dav_fs.

Is there any reason not to build a single loadable binary of the both
modules?

> Before 2.0 ships, we will have (at least) a mod_dav_svn to provide a
> versioning, DAV-enabled back-end to Apache 2.0. (mod_dav_svn will
> ship as part of Subversion)

Cool (make that a single binary of all three modules?)

Now the rough stuff...

The hooks module always declares all hooks are exported from the core.
This is the current linkage.  That patch I got reamed over 'too many
extra arguments' to the hook functions?  We -need- it now, or something
like it.  mod_dav exports brand new hooks that are now a pain.

I'll throw up some proposal, if I can get it to build without revamping
the declare hooks args, and post up an ApacheModuleDAV (+fs?) tonight.